Mr. Brunner was previously the President of Skyline Corporation a large business and an Executive VP of many Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small businesses and Startups. He has been a senior executive in many large and small businesses over the past 40 years. He has performed as a leader in corporate reorganization, establishing corporate policy and procedure, and business development. He has a combined win record of over $6.5 billion in awarded business and has been responsible for the profit retention of the many contracts that resulted from them. As a consultant to the Federal Government, Mr. Brunner has assisted in awarding over $2 billion in contracts. He has demonstrated success in organizing and leading companies in the following areas: Corporate Operations, Program Management, Marketing Initiatives, Business Development, Capture Management, Proposal Management, Accounting and Finance, Contracts and Subcontracts Management, Estimating/Pricing, and Government Acquisition. In addition, he has managed all tasks and activities necessary to win new business and ensure company and government contractual obligations are met. Under his directives, numerous teams he has managed throughout his career have continuously met or exceeded business and financial targets. As a senior advisor for corporations and multiple Federal Government Agency leadership teams, he has also established strategic directions and built business relationships throughout his career.
Mr. Brunner has held several senior management positions in the past 30 years, working for companies such as Northrop Grumman (NGC) where was hired 3 times for a total of 22 years of service, Lockheed Martin (LMC) approximately 4 years of service, BAE Systems Sensor Systems/HAZELTINE Division approximately 1.5 years of service, and Kearfott Guidance & Navigation Division approximately 2 years of service. At NGC, he held several positions, such as the Account Executive of Veterans Administration, Business Development Manager, Capture Manager, Program Manager, and Business Manager including Contracts and Finance Management, with many of these positions being performed simultaneously. At LMC, he held the positions of Sr. Project Manager and Finance Manager; at Kearfott and BAE, he held positions as a Contract, Subcontract, and Pricing Manager. Additionally, Mr. Brunner has led and been a key participant in developing company strategic goals with a long history of leading companies’ New Business Evaluation Boards (NBEB), Opportunity Review Boards (ORB), and Bid Evaluation Boards (BEB).
After leaving the business of large corporations Mr. Brunner dedicated 13 years to working as a SSLC Executive Consultant or as an employee of approximately 40 small businesses (Minority Owned Small Businesses, Veteran Owned Small Businesses, etc.). His work ranged from helping them write Articles of Incorporation to assistance with developing winning proposals resulting in millions of dollars of new contracts and then managing those resultant contracts, meeting all contractual requirements and obtaining excellent past performance ratings in the Federal Government’s Contractor Performance Assessment Reports System (CPARS).
Mr. Brunner is a veteran of the U. S. Army and received a BS in Accounting and an MS in Finance from Long Island University. Was a Defense Acquisition Regulations (DAR) Council background writer for industry input into DAR and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) was a member of the National Contracts Manage Association (NCMA), the Association Government’s Accountants, and pasted the Program Management Institute (PMI) Professional Program Management test.
Last 10+ Year History: Created Sunrise Solutions of America, LLC (SSLC), Owner, Sole Proprietorship Organized in 9-01-2001 with HQ in Dallas, GA and Offices in Centreville, VA.
- Veteran Solutions Inc., as a part time SSLC Executive Consultant from 1-01-2006 to current.
- Puyenpa Services, as a part time SSLC Executive Consultant from 4-01-2017 to 12-31-2018
- Skyline Ultd Inc., HQ in Alexandria, VA as an SSLC Executive Consultant was the full time President and CEO. from 12-15-2015 to 6-30-2016,
- DekaTron Corporation, Executive Vice President, MD as an employee from 1-02-2014 to 11-30-2015
- ProSphere LLC, HQ in Alexandria, VA as an employee was Director, Contracts Management, Program Management and Business Development from 7-01-2013 to 11-15-2014.
- TRI COR, Business Development Executive as an employee from 6-30-2012 to 6-30-2013.
- Veteran Solutions Inc. (VSI), as an SSLC Executive Consultant was the Sr. Director Operations (Program Management, Business Management (Contracts, Accounting, Finance, Subcontract Management, Quality Assurance, Company Ethics, Human Resources, Facilities Management), Business Development Management from 1-01-2006 to 6-30-2009 and then as an VSI employee from 7-01-2010 to 6-30-2011. Continued SSLC Sr. Executive Consulting work small long and short engagements.
- Universe Technical Translation, HQ Huston TX, as a SSLC Executive Consultant, (Business Development, Proposal Management, Contract Management, Customer Interface) Several short term Consultant engagements from 1-01-2011 to 6-30-2017
- Northern Taiga Venture Inc. (NTVI), Native Alaskan Tribal Organization (ANC) as an SSLC Executive Consultant from 9-01-2005 through 6-30-2009 was the Sr. Director Operations (Program Management, Business Management, Contracts and Subcontract Management, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, Company Ethics, Human Resources, Facilities Management, and Business Development Management). Continued with several long and small short term SSLC Sr. Executive Consulting engagements through 12-31-2014.
- National Archive Record Administration (NARA) Electric Record Archive (ERA) program as an SSLC Executive Consultant from 7-01-2005 to 8-30-2005. Assisted NARA in the awarding of a $1.2 billion contract to Lockheed Martin to develop/build the ERA. The Acquisition was awarded on schedule, without protest and received a very favorable GAO report and Federal Computer News wrote, “one of the best run Federal Programs in the last 10 years”.
- American Systems Corporation (ASC), HQ Located in Chantilly, VA, as an employee was the Group Program Manager from 9-01-2001 to 5-31-2002 was assigned clients such as USAID, US Army, US Navy, National Archive Record Administration (NARA) and others, then as a subcontractor full time SSLC Executive Consultant assisted NARA in the acquisition of the Electric Record Archive (ERA) program from 7-01-2001to 6-30-2005.